Viisionair & Co-Founder of Viisi.
You can join the range of HumansFirst open and inclusive calls that take place every week at this link -> https://humansfirst.club/events
There is a UK 2-day retreat taking place across 30th & 31st July 2020 should that be of interest also -> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/humansfirst-retreat-tickets-63324478219
What a way for the first collaborative podcast to lift off.
Mike Vacanti and I had the pleasure of hosting a conversation with Viisi co-founder Tom Van Der Lubbe. We meandered across such a wide range of topics including culture, self-management, leadership, vulnerability, innovation, talent and so much more.
Some of the key insights include:
– “I wanted to become a diplomat, but I found out pretty quickly that I am not that diplomatic” – 01.40
– “We became entrepreneurs by accident after our subsidiary was closed down” – 02.20
– “We had more or less a recession scenario in place. We just had to take out our crisis scenario from the past” – 04.05
– “During normal times we always have a clear hierarchy. It starts with purpose. The business is not meant to maximise profit, but it should be a multi-stakeholder approach” – 05.50
– “On top of purpose, we want to change the financial sector. It should become more sustainable, more long-term orientated etc We always had a second purpose which was to create a better work environment, putting people first” – 06.00
– “We always have a ‘virtual bench.’ We were always in talks with people that we did not need at that moment, but now is a great time to activate this as we navigate the crisis” – 35.00
– “What I like is no bosses and that everybody is a leader. if you try and create an environment where people feel safe, in their teams, people will all, in the end, become leaders as they act in normal life as well” – 41.25
– “Try to take all the financial bonuses and incentives out of it so people can be vulnerable. Normally you can’t be vulnerable because it has a negative effect on your own salary or bonus or on the salary and bonus of your team” – 42.10
The book that Yom referenced during our conversation can be found here -> https://evonomics.com/why-garbage-men-should-earn-more-than-bankers/
Tom can be contacted via the following means:
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomvanderlubbe/
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/valuevulnerability/message